Mangled Music Radio
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official forum for the radio station to discuss about the station, music and other topics.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

With The Dead - With The Dead

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Delirium Tremens

With The Dead - With The Dead Empty
PostSubject: With The Dead - With The Dead   With The Dead - With The Dead I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2015 6:44 am

WITH THE DEAD, the new U.K.-based band featuring members of CATHEDRAL and ELECTRIC WIZARD, will release its six-track, self-titled debut on October 16 via Rise Above Records.

WITH THE DEAD was formed by the founding rhythm section of occultist doom overloads ELECTRIC WIZARD: guitarist/bassist Tim Bagshaw and drummer Mark Greening, a pair once notorious for the sheer brute heaviness of their bowel-shaking sound and early extra-curricular activities that involved excess, injury and low-level criminality (arrests for the theft of a crucifix from a church roof and drunkenly robbing an off-licence to name but two). Both have also played together in RAMESSES.

Completing the triangle is frontman Lee Dorrian, co-founder of doom pioneers CATHEDRAL, former frontman with grindcore legends NAPALM DEATH and owner of Rise Above Records, the U.K.'s finest independent purveyors of all sounds heavy and underground, whose stable of bands include GHOST, UNCLE ACID & THE DEADBEATS, LUCIFER, BLOOD CEREMONY and WITCHCRAFT. Having been in business since 1988, Rise Above is also one of the most enduring.

Existing doom-heads will already know that the longstanding relationship between Rise Above and ELECTRIC WIZARD is one that was fractious and fraught. Much mud has been slung between band, label and former members in recent years, but the WITH THE DEAD trio are of the opinion that big words meant little — it's the action that truly counts. And as the fire that is ELECTRIC WIZARD peters out, WITH THE DEAD burn with eyebrow-singeing intensity. WITH THE DEAD are heavy. No — scratch that. WITH THE DEAD are heavy.H.E.A.V.Y!!! They are a band with teeth and talons.

"With The Dead" track listing:

01. Crown of Burning Stars
02. The Cross
03. Nephthys
04. Living With The Dead
05. I Am The Virus
06. Screams From My Own Grave

WITH THE DEAD lineup:

Lee Dorrian - vocals
Tim Bagshaw - guitar / bass
Mark Greening - drums

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

This sounds very promising.

Back to top Go down
morbidfan

morbidfan

With The Dead - With The Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: With The Dead - With The Dead   With The Dead - With The Dead I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2015 2:55 pm

I'm kinda hoping Lee spices up his vocal duties on this. He has been singing in the same style for a while now.
Back to top Go down

With The Dead - With The Dead
Page 1 of 1