Mangled Music Radio
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official forum for the radio station to discuss about the station, music and other topics.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Movie recommends

Go down 
+2
JewelThrone
so_says_the_phoenix
6 posters
AuthorMessage
so_says_the_phoenix

so_says_the_phoenix

Movie recommends Empty
PostSubject: Movie recommends   Movie recommends I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2015 10:24 am

Old movies, new releases, foreign, art, whatever it may be.

Post your movie recommends here.
Back to top Go down
JewelThrone
Admin

Movie recommends Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie recommends   Movie recommends I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2015 10:43 am

Maps To The Stars. It's kind of out there.
Back to top Go down
https://mangledmusicradio.forumotion.com
Pashka

Pashka

Movie recommends Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie recommends   Movie recommends I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2015 12:04 pm

Well the new Terminator - Genisys

Overall really loved the movie but probably because I'm just a big fan of the Terminator movies.

First hour was amazing with all the old and new twists. The second one I think they took the twist too far. Didn't really like it. Trying to be a spoiler alert so not posting any details.
In any case...if you're a fan of Terminator - go watch Genisys \m/

Back to top Go down
morbidfan

morbidfan

Movie recommends Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie recommends   Movie recommends I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2015 5:29 pm

Genisys was great. I didn't expect it to have as many twists as it did. Prefer it over the last two that were made but still doesn't match T2 but that movie was the pinnacle of the series.
Back to top Go down
Starscream_VS13

Starscream_VS13

Movie recommends Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie recommends   Movie recommends I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2015 5:40 pm

Jurassic World is worth seeing Wink
Back to top Go down
http://starscream-the-cruel.webs.com/index.html
JewelThrone
Admin

Movie recommends Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie recommends   Movie recommends I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2015 5:51 pm

I have been hearing mixed things on Jurassic World.
Back to top Go down
morbidfan

morbidfan

Movie recommends Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie recommends   Movie recommends I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2015 5:53 pm

JW isn't bad. I will say that it drags a little in the beginning but the last thirty minutes are neat minutes.
Back to top Go down
JewelThrone
Admin

Movie recommends Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie recommends   Movie recommends I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2015 6:01 pm

When you say drags a little in the beginning, does that mean I'll get put into a coma waiting for the good parts?
Back to top Go down
morbidfan

morbidfan

Movie recommends Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie recommends   Movie recommends I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2015 6:05 pm

It's possible. Very Happy

I nean when you think of blockbusters like the Jurrasic franchise there is a standard that is expected. Colon Trevorrow did a good job but there should have been a little more to the story than what was written.
Back to top Go down
Pashka

Pashka

Movie recommends Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie recommends   Movie recommends I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2015 6:58 pm

morbidfan wrote:
Genisys was great. I didn't expect it to have as many twists as it did. Prefer it over the last two that were made but still doesn't match T2 but that movie was the pinnacle of the series.

I liked Terminator 4 as well but as a separate movie that stands on it's own.

Third was a money grab just because people were waiting for it.

Back to top Go down
Cletus Awreetus-Awrightus

Movie recommends Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie recommends   Movie recommends I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2015 2:09 am

Pashka wrote:
morbidfan wrote:

I liked Terminator 4 as well but as a separate movie that stands on it's own.

Third was a money grab just because people were waiting for it.

T3 has far too many winks to the audience and dumb slapstick moments. It's impossible to take the movie seriously anymore when a cyborg gets slammed face first into a toilet and another one gets grabbed by the crotch and does a kind of spit take to the camera.
T4 is your basic modern action/sci-fi movie: all flash and little substance. Form over function, the cancer that is eating Hollywood.

T2 is a great action blockbuster with effects that still hold up to this day and that aren't just there to show off or to sell the inevitable video game version of the movie.
But T1 is really where it's at. It's dark and gritty, as an '80s sci-fi/action movie must be. And it has an atmosphere that none of the others could ever have hoped to replicate. That atmosphere counts for more to me than all the admittedly excellent fx in T2. And nothing in the other movies is as remotely iconic as the "I'll be back" scene.
T1 is meant to be suspenseful, perhaps even scary, and it is. T2 is meant to be fun and entertaining, and it is. The premise of being chased by a relentless and unstoppable assassin is just more 'believable' and engaging in T1 than in T2.

I have frankly only heard bad things about Genisys so far. I'll still watch it, eventually. Will have to be on DVD, as it's no longer playing in my local cinema...
Back to top Go down
so_says_the_phoenix

so_says_the_phoenix

Movie recommends Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie recommends   Movie recommends I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2015 11:12 am

Candy

I implore upon you all, do NOT watch this movie from 1968. It's bad, it's really really bad.

The main protagonist is stupider than your average dumb blonde, and the movie is completely derived from watching the main characters completely debase themselves on screen.
Back to top Go down
Starscream_VS13

Starscream_VS13

Movie recommends Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie recommends   Movie recommends I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2015 12:21 am

Also avoid the following:-

Ruby Sparks(2012),
Bloodfeast(1963),
Demon Legacy(2014),
Young Frankenstein(1974),
Disciples(2014)

And The Happening(2008). All of these are groan fests, yawnfests, WTF's and what happened to the plot? Dont waste your time with them!
Back to top Go down
http://starscream-the-cruel.webs.com/index.html

Movie recommends Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie recommends   Movie recommends I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2015 11:19 pm

Starscream_VS13 wrote:

Lol, yeah right. That movie is a legitimate comedy classic. Fucking legendary.
Back to top Go down
morbidfan

morbidfan

Movie recommends Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie recommends   Movie recommends I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2016 9:37 pm

I recommend to not see The Witch. It dragged and had way too many plot holes. I do like that it kept true to the old folk lore surrounding the phenomenon back in the early 1800's but that's about the only positive aspect of that title.
Back to top Go down
JewelThrone
Admin

Movie recommends Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie recommends   Movie recommends I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2016 7:32 am

Cletus Awreetus-Awrightus wrote:
Starscream_VS13 wrote:

Lol, yeah right. That movie is a legitimate comedy classic. Fucking legendary.

Young Frankenstein is an excellent movie.
Back to top Go down
Pashka

Pashka

Movie recommends Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie recommends   Movie recommends I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2016 2:05 pm

Jason Bourne.

If you're a fan of this series of films.
Back to top Go down
JewelThrone
Admin

Movie recommends Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie recommends   Movie recommends I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 13, 2017 7:15 am

Dirty Grandpa is absolutely funny.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Movie recommends Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie recommends   Movie recommends I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Movie recommends
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Mangled Music Radio :: General Discussions :: The Round Table-
Jump to: