Mangled Music Radio
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official forum for the radio station to discuss about the station, music and other topics.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mikkey Dee Joins Scorpions

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
JewelThrone
Admin

Mikkey Dee Joins Scorpions Empty
PostSubject: Mikkey Dee Joins Scorpions   Mikkey Dee Joins Scorpions I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2016 8:49 pm

Former Motörhead drummer Mikkey Dee, who was with that band since 1992 until their dissolution after the death of Lemmy Kilmister, is now a full fledged member of Scorpions. James Kottak has left Scorpions on a positive note.

A message from Scorpions states: “We would like to thank James for so many years of lasting participation in the band and personal friendship. We understand and respect his need for time as he makes his way through the final stages of his healing process.

"After our incredibly successful shows in the US, Europe and Asia, we are sure to have found a fantastic drummer with Mikkey Dee. He brings a fresh energy to the band and we look forward to the exciting time together that lies ahead.”

Says Mikkey Dee: “I guess most of you have heard the news. I am now a permanent member of Scorpions.

“I feel truly honoured and fortunate to be able to carry on playing drums on this level. I grew up listening to Scorpions and have always loved the band. We have been friends for a long time so traveling and performing this year with Klaus, Rudolf, Matthias and Pawel has been loads of fun and the crew is very professional. The Scorpions fans has been most welcoming and its been great to meet all the crazy wonderful Motörhead bangers along the way.

“I had some close to 25 amazing years with my friends and brothers Lemmy and Phil (Campbell) in Motörhead and that will always be the back bone in my future drumming. Lemmy always had great respect for Scorpions for being a real rock band and I am sure he is proud up there that I moved on and for playing with this class act.

“Here’s to many more years of Rock n roll. Cheers!”

Source: Brave Words
Back to top Go down
https://mangledmusicradio.forumotion.com
Pashka

Pashka

PostSubject: Re: Mikkey Dee Joins Scorpions   Mikkey Dee Joins Scorpions I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2016 8:29 am

Very cool.
Back to top Go down
JewelThrone
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Mikkey Dee Joins Scorpions   Mikkey Dee Joins Scorpions I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2016 8:24 pm

I think he will add some fire to them. It might also get them to play some songs that they haven't played in years, because he could easily handle it.
Back to top Go down
Pashka

Pashka

PostSubject: Re: Mikkey Dee Joins Scorpions   Mikkey Dee Joins Scorpions I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2016 9:47 am

That would be great. Time and time again it reminds me just how great they really are. I would go see them for sure.
Back to top Go down
JewelThrone
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Mikkey Dee Joins Scorpions   Mikkey Dee Joins Scorpions I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2016 12:37 pm

The last time I saw Scorpions was last year and it's amazing that Klaus' voice is still holding it together when most singers his age fall apart. He can still hit the notes with such ease and no reservations.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mikkey Dee Joins Scorpions   Mikkey Dee Joins Scorpions I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mikkey Dee Joins Scorpions
Page 1 of 1